The 2017 Health Check-up for employees in the Kizuna Serviced Factory Area
Annual health check-up for employees are compulsory according to the regulations of the Government and also the responsibility of the enterprises as the health of the employees is one of the key factors for the productivity and development of the enterprises. Therefore, the work of care, protection and improvement of health for the employees always needs to be concerned and prioritized in the management and administration activities.
General provisions on health care for the employees
Article 152 of the Labor Code 2012 stipulated as follows:
- Based on health criteria for each type of work, an employer shall recruit and arrange work for employees.
- Annually, an employer shall organize periodical health check-ups for employees, including apprentices and on-the-job trainees, obstetrics and gynecology checks for female employees, and health check-ups at least once every 6 months for employees doing heavy and harmful jobs and disabled, minor and elderly employees.
So if the Enterprises do not organize periodic health check-ups, how will they be fined?
According to the provisions of Clause 3, Article 17 of Decree No. 95/2013/ND-CP on regulations on administrative penalties, if the employer fails to provide periodical health check-ups for employees, they shall be fined as follows:
The employer shall be liable to a fine of from 10,000,000 VND to 15,000,000 VND when committing one of the following acts:
- Failing to provide treatment or periodic check-ups or make separate health profile for employees that suffer from occupational illness
- Failing to provide periodic check-ups for employees as prescribed
- Failing provide test for occupational illness for employees as prescribed.
Kizuna organizes the 2017 Health Check-up
Understanding the importance of organizing health check-ups for the employees and difficulties encountered by the enterprises when self-implement, every year, Kizuna always contacts hospitals and clinics to organize at the same time for the enterprises in the area. This not only helps to reduce the burden for the enterprises but also bring better cost to them by taking advantage of the number of participants.
This year’s health check-up took place from 15 to 19 August with a total of 23 enterprises in the Kizuna Area involved over 300 employees. Many enterprises have had better welfare policies, increased health check-up budget and agreed to let staff be checked at Care Plus -Singapore Clinic (with standard of high quality services) in Phu My Hung.
Other enterprises still provided periodic health check-up as prescribed by law for their employees at KZN 1 & KZN2 offices, operated by Binh Chanh Hospital.
Kizuna feels happy and proud when providing supports for the enterprises in the area so it is easier to implement and comply with the organization of health check-ups for employees in accordance with the law, as well as to contribute to ensure the health of the employees resulting productivity increase. At the end of next month, Kizuna will continue to accompany the enterprises to organize the Occupational Safety and Health Training Course, which is expected to provide useful knowledge to local workers.
By Marketing Department – Kizuna JV Corporation